Last year I bought nine squares with embroidered Dinosaurs on them at a garage sale, then over a period of time I have bought some Dinosaur fabric on eBay to compliment the squares.
At last I had enough to make up a single bed quilt, with a "sort of" pattern in my head... so I cut them out and
chained Mum to the machine asked Mum to sew them together.
Then it was time to add the borders and we were both impressed with the way it turned out.
The stitching pattern I used was "dragonflies" as I didn't have a Dinosaur stitch.
I think any little boy would love this quilt.
Then, as Mum wanted another project to sew, I pulled out this kit I bought from Keepsake Quilting, called "Tidepools".
Again, I do the cutting and placing & Mum sews away. We work well together.
There was so much left over fabric from the kit, I randomly pieced them together to make a centre piece for the back of the quilt.
Of course the quilting stitch "Seashells" just had to be used.
Both quilts will be for sale at my next Quilt/Craft Sale.
Until next post...