Sunday, July 6, 2014

Been away & another Commissioned Quilt

I drove to Queensland last week for "Nanna duties" and on the way I stopped at the top of Thunderbolts Way to take a picture. 
 This time it was a clear day...most times when I get to the top of the mountain, the "view" is covered in fog.
A couple of days later when I was coming out of Grand Central Shopping Centre I was impressed by this roof top... 
you can imagine the conversation of the artist to his wife:  
"I'm sick of painting on paper & canvas, I think I'll try something different...like the roof!"
 
 When I came home, there was a quilt waiting to be quilted, so I decided to do it today, as I am going to the Sydney Quilt Show at Glebe Island on Tuesday.
It is now parcelled up ready to post.

Until next post..
Jewells

2 comments: