Sunday, April 20, 2014

Back to quilting!

 
I was starting to have withdrawal (quilting) symptoms while the grand kids where here, but it was back to the machine today for Mum and I to finish what we had started before they came.
Again, with this quilt, I cut and Mum sewed.  Then I quilted and bound it.
The quilt measures 80" x 96" and is more of a man's quilt with all those tractors!
While Mum made that quilt, I decided to make up a kit that was given to me for Christmas from one of the American friends I stay with when I am visiting the States.
This kit came in a HUGE coffee mug, with spoon, fabric & pattern. 
There was enough fabric to make 2 (16" x 40") table runners, and with the off cuts I made the hexagon.


As I didn't want to make a mistake in the cutting, and to get maximum use out of the fabric, I practised on a piece of fabric from my stash ...
 
...and made 2 table runners from this Noah's Ark fabric.
I really like how they all turned out.

Until next post...
Jewells

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt and those table runners are so very lovely...

    ReplyDelete