Thursday, October 22, 2009

My new project

I have been eyeing off this fabric for a while, so I ended up buying it at my local patchwork shop, washed it and then started to fussy cut the letters then numbers. I then made up the first block to see what size I should cut the borders.

I plan to make the borders the same colour as the letters (red, green & blue), then maybe do an outside border of the yellow. The numbers (0 -9 ) are smaller than the letters, so I will have to build them up to the same size as the letters.

I have a "sort of" idea in my minds eye how to put it all together, but when it comes to actually doing it, I will probably have to change my mind!

I hope to get some of this quilt done this weekend at my boyfriend's place ... that means I have to take my sewing machine, cutting matt, sewing box etc... he will wonder how long I am coming for!

... this will end up being a single bed sized quilt, and I have no idea what to do with it when it is finished! :-)

Until next post.


  1. LOL You and I seem to be in a similar place. I'm making a quilt using a similar design, which may change and I have no idea what I'll do with it!

  2. Hi Julie, I look forward to seeing the results - they're lovely fabrics