Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Knitting Dishcloths

I have been busy knitting dishcloths lately... they are fun and quick. I found this pattern on a blog I read, but had to change the spelling from the American version of "Mom" to the Australian version "Mum". I have put this aside to give to my Mum as part of her Christmas present.






This is the first type of knitted dishcloth I made and have been making for many years now, all done in 100% cotton that I get from USA or Canada. I can't find an Australian equivalent that is as soft and inexpensive as the overseas cotton, however I will be going to a woollen mill in a couple of weeks in Victoria, so I will see what they have there.


I have given many of these away as gifts, only to be told by many of recipitants that they are too pretty to use as a dishcloth!


Well that's all for today.


Cheers...Jewells





1 comment:

  1. They ARE too pretty to use on dirty dishes! I normally use dishcloths as face washers instead. I love your Mum one!

    ReplyDelete