Wednesday, August 14, 2013

2 Quilts finished today!


I have been practicing and practicing on Mary (my Gammill machine) and decided to try an all over pattern on white fabric.
 
This is a close up of the stitching.  Again the binding slows me down, but I was quite chuffed with how it has turned out.
Then I  made up this kit I bought from the Sydney craft show in June.  
As I wanted it bigger than the kit, I added the yellow border (from my stash) and then used the backing fabric from the kit as an extra border.
This is what it was meant to look like.  I am happy with my additions.

Newcastle is hosting a Stitches & Craft show from tomorrow until Sunday............of course I am going.
I am taking Mum and picking up my sister (who lives half an hour in the opposite direction to where we have to go).

I don't "need" anything, but knowing me, I will come home with a full car and an empty wallet!
:-)

Until next post..
Jewells

1 comment: