Sunday, January 8, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

After having 8 weeks off work, it was so hard to go back to the daily grind, but last Tuesday I had to face the real world and go back to work!

This weekend I made 3 batches of Zucchini Pickles, this follows 3 batches last weekend, as well as a Zucchini & Cinnamon Cake & a Zucchini Lasagna. My garden had produced lots and lots of zucchinis while I was away, so my boyfriend was handing them out to family & friends, but he kept the recent crops for me to do something with.

As I can't just sit and watch TV without doing something, I am always knitting up these dish cloths. I bought a "Christmas" ball of cotton in the States while I was there and kinitted up the whole huge ball into many cloths (I think it made about 8). I realised after my Quilt/Craft Sale last December, I need to make up a lot more of these cloths as the 35 I had there for $4 each had all sold by 10am with an order for 5 more straight away!

While in the States, one of the MANY things I bought was this cute Teddy Bear... you press his foot and he moves his hands away from his eyes and says "Peek-a-Boo" followed with a childish laugh... he does it 5-6 times in a row....oh so sweet.

My grand daughter had her first visit from the Tooth Fairy last night... she is over 7 years old and she was starting to get upset as all her friends had lost teeth and she hadn't... but thankfully, she has inherited teeth from me and my family and her teeth are healthy and strong!

My, my...the Tooth Fairy certainly has had some increases in prices of teeth... my grand daughter received $5 for her first tooth and will receive $2 for all the following teeth that fall out naturally... I only got 20cents for mine!... inflation I suppose.... how much does the Tooth Fairy pay where you live?


Until next post...

Cheers....Jewells

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I searched on google for the white peek-a-boo teddy bear, and I found your blog where you talked about buying one. Do you by any chance know what company made it, and how to contact the company? My grandmother bought one for my niece for Christmas, and about an hour after unwrapping it and playing with it, it started acting weird. So I want to contact the company and see if there is anything they can do about it. Hope to hear from you! It is her favourite toy so we want to figure out how to fix it!! :)

    ReplyDelete