Last December, I had a Quilt Sale at the local CWA Hall and it was so successful, the ladies asked me to do it again, "same time next year", so that means I have to get some more quilts made. I decided to take a day off a week for the next 5 weeks from work, as part of my annual leave, and spend those days sitting at the sewing machine.
It is now 6pm and I have just finished this "Stack of Coins" quilt top to send off to the quilter. It is quite large, measuring 75" x 91".
I did have the 8 rows of "coins" sewn together before I started today and I also had all the 2.5" squares cut, but not sewn. ALL of the coloured fabric in the quilt were scraps, including 5" squares we received years ago in fabric clubs.
Now I must hit the stash and find an appropriate backing, and also some sort of multi coloured fabric for the binding.
Until next post...
Starburst Jewel Series: Project 6
2 hours ago