Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Table Runners & 2 Quilts - My "Pickles" Post (333)

Firstly... as this is my 333rd post, I must call it my "Pickles Post"...

why???? lots of you are asking????
well....here in Australia, we can buy a jar of pickles called "333"
LOL!!
---------------------------------
When making table runners from border prints, I have realised that you get more for your money if you purchase fabric with the border print running the same way as the selvedge, NOT the width of the fabric.
I bought 2 yards of this Santa print, with the border running the width of the fabric, and only got 2 runners and 1 mat from it, where I got 4 runners and 3 mats from 3 yards with the print running along the selvage.

While I was quilting & binding the table runners, Mum was busy piecing this Christmas Kit...
 It came up very nice...
 I also pulled out a "kit" I bought last year, it consisted of a large piece of fabric, "minky" for the backing & a matching piece of fabric for the binding...
I quilted it together including wadding in the middle.  I loved the way it came out as it is SOOO soft. 
Mum is now asking for another project to sew or quilt. As I prepare & cut out for her, I had better go and find something.  While I'm at it, I need something for me too!

Until next post...
Jewells

2 comments:

  1. wished I was your Mum........someone to prepare and cut my projects forme...........nice runners..........

    ReplyDelete