Sunday, January 17, 2010

I've been busy!

Boy! the time has flown since the last post. I kept thinking that I must get on and show what I have been doing, but I wanted to get some sewing done, but other things had to be made, so there is no sewing to show this time, but here is what I bottled today:
The tall bottle is one of 2 bottles of "Grape Vinegar". My boyfriend has a grapevine of black grapes (Lady Fingers) and he gave me a heap...too many to eat, so I made this up and now have another lot soaking to make up in 3 day's time. It says to mix 3/4 oil to 1/4 of this grape vinegar to make a salad dressing, so I will try that tonight to drizzle over my salad.

The other bottle is one of 5 bottles of "Fig, Pineapple, Pecan Preserve". I have a fig tree and this year is the first year I have been able to pick the fruit. Last weekend I made up 6 bottles of "Fig Jam".

If anyone wants the recipes to the above, please let me know.
Then I have been knitting these dish cloths from a book that an American friend bought me. The first is a "Topiary with Heart" and the other of course is a "Frog". I am using American cotton (purchased while I was there) as it is about an 8ply and VERY soft.

I want to fiddle with these patterns (and others), by using smaller needles and more stitches.

Until next post..

Cheers...Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment