Friday, February 17, 2017

"Australian" BOM & more quilting

Many years ago I wanted to make an "Australian" calendar for an Australian who was living overseas for a couple of years.  I was her "secret sister" and had to think of something to send to her periodically for a year...so I came up with the idea to make a monthly block of Australia.  Well great idea, but there was no "Australian" pattern anywhere (I'm talking years ago!)...so I decided to searched the net for free paper (foundation) pieced patterns in monthly themes and managed to use a bit of imagination and came up with 12 different blocks that represented each month in Australia.

Why am I telling you this?...well I came across my patterns (while looking for something else) and decided to make them up again and here is what I have made so far:
 January = Australia Day (Captain Cook "sailed" here)
February = Valentines Day (Heart)
March = Beginning of Autumn (Fallen leaf)
April = Easter (Easter egg fabric used)
May = Mother's Day (Basket of flowers)
June = Beginning of winter (Stay home to keep warm)

That's all I have made at the moment...  
Customers quilting has kept me busy the past week..
The customer asked for "Clouds" as the stitching on this child's quilt:
and I was told to do "whatever" on these matching quilts:
 so I used the "playful kittens" stitch...so cute.
....the pale blue backing shows up the pattern nicely
Thank goodness it is a bit cooler this week after the shocking heatwave we had last week!

Until next post....
Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment