Friday, October 10, 2014

Australian Quilt

 
I bought a kit at the Newcastle Craft Show and made it up, as per directions, last week.
 I quilted and bound it today.

From the kit's left overs I made this table runner and I also had enough fabric to make another quilt (cot size) by adding just one fabric from my stash... it is ready to quilt (will photograph it when it is quilted and bound), however, I have 2 commissioned quilts to quilt before I go back to personal sewing.

The kit was marked down from $90 to $72.  It was only meant to make the one quilt, but the pieces where VERY generous.  As I hate waste & storing it for a later project, which would never get done, I decided to make something up straight away, and not have to find room to store the excess fabric.

This kit was certainly VALUE FOR MONEY!

Must get onto the commissioned quilts..

Until next post...
Jewells

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a gorgeous Aussie quilt. Clever use of the leftover fabbie, too.

    ReplyDelete