Monday, March 10, 2014

BOM finished - 8 years later..plus more passionfruit!

 Finally I have finished a Block of the Month (BOM).. it became a UFO (Unfinished Object) as I started receiving the blocks 8 years ago.
I kept up to date the first 9 months, as it was the 9 inside blocks, but on the 10th month I faltered, as it was the 4 corners which had to be appliqued.  So when the next two months arrived I just "filed" them away with month 10 and sort of forgot about it.
...until a couple of weeks ago, I pulled it out and decided to finish it, as it really is a lovely quilt.
The finished quilt measures 84" square.
As it has an Asian feel to it, I used the "Asian Fan" pattern when I quilted it.
I think I will be keeping this one for myself.

On another note.... my passion fruit vine is having a second crop...is this normal?
it produced over one thousand (and NO, I am not exaggerating) passion fruits before Christmas and now it is producing again!   

it is covered in flowers....
 
and fruit....
..and just look at some of the sizes..they are HUGE!!!
 Hope they ripen before the cold weather arrives.

Until next post...
Jewells



1 comment:

  1. love fresh passionfruit............those are huge...............

    ReplyDelete