Thursday, February 28, 2013

Joys of living in the bush!


My other half called me outside a couple of days ago to show me something.

As it was my birthday, I thought he had hidden something outside to surprise me with.

Oh how wrong I was!

This "was" a 4 foot brown snake, a bit bigger than the 2 foot black snake we had on New Years Eve... both baby snakes (so where are the mummy and daddy snakes?).  Both were caught INSIDE the fenced house block. 

Both brown & black snakes are VERY poisonous (the brown more poisonous of the two) and you would have to go to the hospital straight away if you were bitten by either of them.

This, I must say, is one of the drawbacks with living in the bush...ah well, the positives CERTAINLY out way the negatives.

Until next post..
Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment