Sunday, July 24, 2011

Christmas Apron I made

While I was at the Darling Harbour Quilt Show in June, I bought a kit for an apron. I just fell in love with it and the simplicity of the pattern.

The whole apron is made up of a fat quarter (the red fabric) and a metre of contrast fabric (the bone with candy cane fabric), and it didn't take that long to make... well I did start it after dinner on Friday night and finished it before going to bed.

I bought the pattern from Tirau Quilt Cottage in New Zealand and the kit cost NZ$15.

Must admit that I cheated a bit by not mitering the bottom (seam is on the side, not down the middle), and when I turned it inside out I didn't hand sew the gap closed, (I top stitched all the way around instead).. but I am VERY happy with the way it has turned out.

Over the weekend I have been making heaps of tea towels... with the help of my boyfriend... he cut, and pressed while I sewed... and if he knew I have told anyone he helped me... well...... you know!!!....... I have to give them a final press and photograph them for a later post.

Until next post...


1 comment:

  1. well done Julie and mum's the word about your boyfriend helping,cant wait to see the tea-towels,i am needing to make some new ones too i bought some black linen 1/2 price at lincraft this week so will use that for tea-towels