Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Help needed please and another Wood Embroidery

A friend of mine loves black & white cows and has ornaments of them all over her house, so I embroidered this on wood and framed it. I might keep it for myself!



Now for the help needed.... as mentioned earlier, I have been on annual leave and have had my Mum with me while I was tripping around, as Mum is finding it hard after the passing of my Dad in April,(they were married for 60 years and 1 month!) and now she is by herself again in her hometown, that is 450 kilometres from me. She loved looking over my shoulder while I was on the computer and marveled at the blogs and swaps I am in, but she is not computer minded at all.

What I was hoping to do with your help out there is to surprise her with lovely cards and letters from complete strangers telling her that people do care. As she would freak out if I gave out her snail mail address, I was wondering if you emailed me or left a comment so I could get back to you, I could give you MY snail mail address and I would pass them onto her.

Imagine her surprise and tears over strangers contacting her... this might even inspire her to join some of the swaps I am in as she is a patch worker (quilter) as well as me...who do you think I learnt it from?

This is Mum:



Until next post.

Cheers...Jewells

9 comments:

  1. i am sure there are lots of people who have learnt to use a computer to blog.......maybe it is something she could learn from you.........my mum drives me insane occasionally........thinks I can fix all computer problems in the blink of an eye but it is nice to see her getting online and learning new skills........get the pics and uploading them is the hardest part I think but maybe it will be something she can do to fill in some of her time...........god knows I spend to much time online.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cow is wonderful!!! What a lucky friend.

    I'd love to be a part of sending your mom something in the mail. Add me to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic idea I would love to send along something for your mum
    I will email you
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I would love to send your mum something I will email you.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm from the Netherlands and I love to send your mum something. Just let me know when and how. with kind regards, Caro from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi! more than happy to send your mum something. please get in touch with more details
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I would also be happy to send your mum something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too! Would love to help inspire your Mum! You are so lucky to have a Mum who shares your interests.

    ReplyDelete