Friday, September 4, 2009

My first attempt at Quilting

Well I have finally sewn the binding on the quilt that was my first attempt at quilting on a friend's machine. From a distance it looks OK, but "oh boy" it is uneven stitching! This is the front view......

and here is the back view................
The writing on it says "It's a Girl"... so it will have to go to a baby girl. It is made up of flannel material, but I would say it is more "flannelet" than flannel as it is thinner than the other flannel I have bought at quilt shops. The size is 42" square. I think I will try to sell it on eBay, but warn the bidders that it isn't quilted by an experienced quilter!!! (Far from it! LOL!).
I don't think I will quilt the green bear quilt top next, as I want it to be done nicer... so I thought I would make up another quilt top in rows and teach myself to quilt between the lines... a bit like going back to school.
On another note... Don't forget to leave a comment on the "Giveaway" (previous entry) to be in the running for one of my tea towels.
Until next post...
Cheers...Jewells

3 comments:

  1. It looks great Julie! I like what you've done to the border and the backing. I like pieced backings! toni xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Julie and it is only your first attempt. Good to hear you are wanting to machine quilt another one...must have enjoyed it. Lovely quilt...hugs,jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. your quilt and quilting looks good I am still trying to master quilting as well
    hugs Beth

    ReplyDelete