This last week I had 2 quilts made from men's shirts that I had to quilt.
The first was made up of "challenge blocks" by a group of ladies and the winner got the lot. She hand sewed the hexagons together and made a quilt 60" x 70". I was in awe of quite a few of the hexagons blocks, with them matching the stripes perfectly.
The lady who joined the above blocks enjoyed the challenge so much, she made another quilt by cutting 4 triangles & joining them into a square, instead of 6 triangles into a hexagon.
In the meantime, I have been getting ready for my stall at Quiltarama next weekend and have made and packaged sets of 24 of these birds (12 of each colour)
and made heaps of the hearts (in 3 sizes)
Plus I have cut out kits of 12 x 8.5" squares in Christmas fabric...
and other fabric.
Theses will go with the finished items I have made, such as table runners, zippered bags, tea-towels and many other items. (I don't think I have enough display area for all of my things!)
Until next post...