Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Finally I did some sewing!

Sorry I have been so long since my last post, but I have now moved into my new place.  As I type this, the plumber is here, but we have had the builders, plumbers, painters and the electricians... looked like a Home Reno TV show some mornings with everyone here and doing their own thing.  I will post some photos another time of how the house has been revamped!
I have been really missing not being able to sew, so last Sunday I grabbed the first "little" project to sew and made this in a few hours.  The pinning of the 3 layers took me the longest, as I don't usually do any quilting, I send the quilts off to a quilter for that, but I thought I would try something different and see how I went... now I know why I send to a quilter!



I had bought this kit in the States last Christmas and I am very happy with how it turned out.
I was looking for a "different" table and chairs for the garden at our new place, and I saw these and fell in love with them.  The maker has made about 5 sets, all different and says he won't be making any more as they were too time consuming.  So I was happy to pay the $400 (gulp!) as I have a one of a kind and it looks good under the tree out the front.



 Believe it or not, the chairs are much heavier that the table!


Time to get to work.... until next post...
Jewells

No comments:

Post a Comment